Datamax Sport blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RCintron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi.
I have an old datamax sport that has worked faithfully for several years. Last time I tried to use it, it would turn on, cycle thru the power on test, and then turn off. I've tried changing the batteries, but it just goes to sleep after the test.
Is this the end? What can I do to unbrick it?

Thanks.

If a ProPlus I have the same problem and after talking to Oceanic, if it is the green button model then it is dead. No trade in no repair.

There is an old thread on changing the batteries. It seems it is battery brand specific. You might try that. I had the same problem and got it working again.

My computer is the user-replaceable batteries model. What you're saying is that I should try brand new batteries? The post you linked to is a bit hard to follow because it starts talking about o-rings, and suddenly you jump in talking about batteries.

In my limited experience with the non-user battery replaceable versions the quality and peak discharge rate of the battery is critical. I found that a brand new battery didn't work, but another of the OEM brand (with a higher peak discharge rate) worked fine.

Sorry about the change of subject on the linked thread, but that is just how it happened.

RCintron, I guess it wasn't clear but your Datamax and mine use very different batteries, so YMMV on the batteries. The best advice I can give is to use a brand new one that isn't an 'off brand'. The ones from my type of Datamax Sport have a lot more variablity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom