Oceanic strike?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Long story short... At the beginning of the year my wife and I signed up for classes and a dive trip. We purchased Oceanic's gear up packages from our LDS (scubatoys.com) to use for our classes and get familiar with the equipment in prep for our trip. After a month we called to see if the equipment arrived. We were told next week. This went on for 3 more weeks. This week we called as our class starts next week and was asked to come in. We we told due to a strike oceanic is unable to deliver our products in time.
HUGE compliments to our LDS scubatoys.com efor setting us up with equipment for our classes and if needed our trip. And as soon as the products arrived they would swap it out.

Another reason could be this is Chinese (ethnic wise) new year time. CNY is big in many asian countries just like Christmas in western world. Many company shut down for this holiday

I'm betting it's the dockworkers strike. Saw a story on the news last night. Messed up situation. Ships backed up as far as the eye can see where there is usually only one or two on the horizon.

I live in union country, I try not to buy anything made by these people. If you need a third party to protect your job, your work ethic is lacking.

I'm betting it's the dockworkers strike. Saw a story on the news last night. Messed up situation. Ships backed up as far as the eye can see where there is usually only one or two on the horizon.
That has got to be a site to see!

eelnoraa, CNY doesn't start until the 19th. May wrap up around March 8. Ergo, any holiday breaks due to CNY had yet to begin when OP first started having problems getting the gear.

Good. Maybe people will start to buy stuff made by their neighbors.

It doesn't work that way. More likely, they will find a way to eliminate even more overpaid longshoreman. Any economy will always seek cost-effective solutions. This will accelerate the point where robotics will become cost-effective and replace even more longshoreman. How many jobs did the shipping container cost them? You can’t pay what amounts to crane and forklift operators 4-5x the market value for very long without repercussions.

This isn't a political thing. It happens in every country and economy. Every consumer, which includes businesses, makes judgments about value and vote with their currency.

Back
Top Bottom