Problem with my Oceanic Data Trans Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just purchased a used but like new Data Trans Plus computer. I had one years ago and loved it. My problem is when I try to set the date the month and day enter fine but when I get to setting the year it counts from 96 to 99 then counts from 00 to 10 then back to 96.... is this normal??? I thought maybe Oceanic didn't think anyone would still be using the computer past the year 2010 lol.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm sure they thought 2000 and added a 10 year buffer.
Set it to 11:59pm on Dec 31st 2010, and see what happens.

Last edited:
Good idea, I set it to 12-31-10 and it changed to 1-1-96 from there.... guess I'll just live with it... Thanks again!

Glad to hear you liked it so much. I have one I bought used over a year ago that is in great condition but I have not gotten around to actually using it yet LOL. Leary of the whole air integrated thing but will give it a shot soon.

Just purchased a used but like new Data Trans Plus computer. I had one years ago and loved it. My problem is when I try to set the date the month and day enter fine but when I get to setting the year it counts from 96 to 99 then counts from 00 to 10 then back to 96.... is this normal??? I thought maybe Oceanic didn't think anyone would still be using the computer past the year 2010 lol.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

They figured you would have update to a newer computer or you would be done diving by then.

Glad to hear you liked it so much. I have one I bought used over a year ago that is in great condition but I have not gotten around to actually using it yet LOL. Leary of the whole air integrated thing but will give it a shot soon.

Air integration is the best thing had mine for over 12 year and not one problem with the air integration.

Back
Top Bottom