VT 4.1 being discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I hear from scuba.com that the VT 4.1 is being discontinued. That would explain the $700 price they have as well as DRIS. If true, what will replace this computer in the Oceanic lineup? I hope it's not just the VTX.

Thanks, Craig

I also hope for something besides the VTX
I tried the VTX on a few dives and while its a nice computer its not for me.

I love the long battery life of the VT 4.1

I chose my OCi over the VTX. I don't need color and the screen sucks down batteries. If you need a big computer screen but want a wrist mount I would try to pick up a vt 4 if you do not need a big screen and want a dive computer that also functions as a watch I would look at an OCi.

I actually dive a perfectly good VT 3, almost 5 years, more than 500 dives, a great computer. I dive a Geo2 and SPG for backup. This was going to be for my son. I was going to take advantage of the Oceanic 20% off with trade in, would have made this $800. I may still pick up a VT 4.1 for the current $700 price.

I also sent an email directly to Oceanic to confirm the discontinuation and to get an idea of what, if anything, will replace the VT 4.1. I really hope they will answer this thread or my email, but have not had a good recent experience with their communication. We'll see.

That is what I heard from our Oceanic Rep yesterday. They are discontinuing the VT4.1, replacing it with the VTX. The rep mentioned they may later come out with another model similar to the VT4.1,..... but don't hold your breath. I had a VT4 & it was a decent computer. The only reason I sold it was because I got a second Shearwater Petrel & really didn't need the VT4 any more.

That is what I heard from our Oceanic Rep yesterday. They are discontinuing the VT4.1, replacing it with the VTX. The rep mentioned they may later come out with another model similar to the VT4.1,..... but don't hold your breath. I had a VT4 & it was a decent computer. The only reason I sold it was because I got a second Shearwater Petrel & really didn't need the VT4 any more.

That's a shame, $300 more for a computer I don't want. Oceanic may lose me as a loyal customer since 2001

Back
Top Bottom