Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Gerber Mark II Fighting Knives for sale....

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Gerber Mark II Fighting Knives for sale....

I have two Gerber Mark II Fighting knives with sheaths for sale. For those of you who don't know, the production of these incredible knives ended in 2000 and they are no longer commercially available.

I am offering two of them for sale. One in Excellent condition. Another in Mint Condition. Both with factory edges, Never sharpened.

Both would make excellent back-up knives for spear hunters.

Both are very collectable.

Either one would make an excellent gift to an active duty person in harms way. These knives were made for US soldiers by Gerber Legendary Blades, since 1966.

One is a 1981 vintage with a leather sheath. It has a couple of superficial scratches on the end of the blade, I think the retainer snap rubbed against it. Could be buffed out by the serious owner. You can't see them well enough to photograph them. Original leg tie, belt or gun belt attachement, the sheath is in excellent condition as well.

The other Mark II is in mint condition, never used. Comes with a Cordura sheath, very well made of Nylon and Rubber with an excellent fastener as well as belt and leg loops. Original leg ties....excellent for water use.

I am offering the older 1981 knife for $275 and the mint condition one for $325. See attached pics...Price does not include shipping (varies with your needs).

PM me or contact me directly at lungfish001@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Lungfish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lungfish; April 24th, 2006 at 12:57 AM. Reason: simple modifications..

Registered

Has not set a "status"

"new-in-the-box" SOG Navy Seal S37 2000 Dive Knife

I also have a "new-in-the-box" SOG Navy Seal S37 2000 Dive Knife with Kydex sheath including built in line cutter.... I bought two of them, gave one to my son for his birthday, kept this one and never used it. I like my Gerber knives for my leg knife and I wear a short knife on my left forearm... as a freediver the SOG knife is simply too heavy but for a tank diver with ballast control, it is an ideal tool.

This is probably the last dive knife you will ever need. The S37 is the winner of one of the most extensive testing programs ever undertaken by the US Government. This knife surpassed all others tested and is the SEAL issue knife. The S37 SEAL Knife evaluation included tip breaking stress limits, blade breaking limits,sharpness,egde retention, handle twist off force, two weeks salt water immersion test, gasoline and acetylene torch resistance, chopping, hammering, prying, penetration tests, cutting strength, plus as if that was not enough....an intensive all out hands on competition IN THE FIELD. The blade is 7" of AUS6 Powder coated stainless steel, the handle is made of Zytel glass, giving the knife an overall length of 12.25 ". The edge is a combination blade with a drop point and half serrated. Also includes the KYDEX Sheath,original box, SOG catalog. I have seen these knives retailing as high as 165.00$$ So it certainly should be worth $100 plus shipping.

PM me or contact me directly at lungfish001@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lungfish; April 24th, 2006 at 12:58 AM.