Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: PT-015 and my C-5050

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos

PT-015 and my C-5050

I got my housing and the strobe today. First thing I did was buy new o-rings. There must have been half a tube of lubricant on the existing ones. I took them out and washed them then re-lubbed. Glad I ordered new ones since these seem to have started taking a set and have a couple dings where looks like a knife or screwdriver were used to get them out. The housing was almost glued shut from the silicone. Are there any special tips or common problems with this housing? My PT-016 has been great. Gonna use it as a backup since the strobe should work with it also. (has a fiber optic cable that goes over the flash.) Really gonna miss the compactness of the PT-016. This new one is HUGE in comparison. Is the balance weight worth the purchase? I didn't use one on my old one. I kept it clipped to my bc and liked it that when I let it go it would float up to my right shoulder.
    If Mother Nature meant for us to sleep late She would keep the lights out longer!

Registered

- more dives than posts

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    With a strobe/tray, you won't need the weight.

The "weak point" in the housing is the on-off/mode-dial. Examine the clear plastic disk inside the housing and if you see any salt deposits, take the control apart, clean, lube and reassemble. IMHO, many problems with the on-off/mode-dial are due to careless seating of the camera. Before you close the case, make sure the camera's mode dial is seated in the housing's control.

Have fun. It's a great camera.
    Last edited by jlyle; September 30th, 2005 at 11:08 PM.

Dee
    ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I agree with jlyle...the only problems I've had with one of my PT-15's is at the on-off/mode dial, the shaft was torqued just a bit causing a small leak of a few drops of water. I was on a trip and the photo-pro took the dial apart and we replaced the small o-ring. Since then I've been extra careful when putting the camera in the housing. Make sure the mode dial seats into that little 'cup' and the 2 prongs straddle the on/off nipple. I haven't had any problems since then.

email or PM me....I think we're going to the lake on Sunday and I'll show you what I'm talking about, plus I can give you a few more tips about the C-5050/PT-15 set-up.
    Roatan / CoCo View May 10-24, 2014... Come join us!