port for 8mm fisheye lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gballard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know what port for the 8mm fisheye lens for the Ikelite housing? I have the E-330, and Ikelites port chart doesn't say which port to use. I would think it would be the 8" dome, I don't know which extention ring.:confused:

Please post here with an answer, this is the lense I would like to utilize first when I can afford to house for E330.

gballard:
Anyone know what port for the 8mm fisheye lens for the Ikelite housing? I have the E-330, and Ikelites port chart doesn't say which port to use. I would think it would be the 8" dome, I don't know which extention ring.:confused:

An 8mm digital fisheye is 16mm in 35mm film. I used a 20mm f2.8 Nikon on an Ikelite 6 inch dome, it gets soft at the edges the curve on the 6 inch dome port does not match the curve of the lens. The 6 inch dome should be limited to 28mm in 35mm film and 16mm digital lenses or narrower. Like the Nikon 10.5mm digital the Olympus 8mm fisheye works best with the 8 inch dome.

Back
Top Bottom