New Olympus E-520 And Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those who were upset with Olympus for not announcing a new E-420 housing, something worth waiting for. Olympus today announced the release of the new E-520 and a new standard 9 to 18 mm zoom with a housing.
Although the E-520 package will be a little ($$$$) higher than an E-420/PT-E04 combo I think it should be worth the wait.

The Olympus E-520, 9 to 18 mm zoom and new Olympus housing are once again worthy of front page news. Cost V. image quality it will be hard to beat this combination with any other system. With more than twenty different ports from six manufacturers and an assortment of superb lenses, ideal for U/W photography this system should be a winner.

Set for release summer of 2008 is the new Olympus PT-E05 polycarbonate, dual o-ring sealed E-520 housing.
The housing will be equipped with dual fiber optic ports and port mount for all existing lens ports.

A new UFL-2 strobe with fiber optic TTL control will also be released with the housing.

Phil Rudin

Olympus E520

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• index_image01.jpg
    index_image01.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 117
  • index_image01-1.jpg
    index_image01-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 77
An email from Olympus USA pegs availability of the housing late July or early August:

"We appreciate you interest in the PTE-05 Underwater Housing for the E-520 that was announced today. The preliminary word from Tokyo is that Olympus America will having the housings available for sale late July to early August. I will make a note to update you should the delivery time change."

An email from Olympus USA pegs availability of the housing late July or early August:

"We appreciate you interest in the PTE-05 Underwater Housing for the E-520 that was announced today. The preliminary word from Tokyo is that Olympus America will having the housings available for sale late July to early August. I will make a note to update you should the delivery time change."

Any further news on this one yet??????

Athena Japan, has posted additional images of the housing with the Athena 50 mm macro port and the Athena tray and grips. This housing has an all new locking system and built-in fiber optic ports for use with external strobes.

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• hp11.jpg
    hp11.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 99
  • P71800081.JPG
    P71800081.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
Got it!!!!!!

I received my housing yesterday and..... it really is a right beauty.

I'm gonna waterproof-test it tonight and will take my first uw pics nxt Saturday!

Hope you guys in the America's will get yours soon.

Thx Phil! Interesting stuff...... ordered the Inon macro port now.

Oly told me the housing wouldn't be released until the end of the month in the US so any feedback you have would be terrific!!!

Back
Top Bottom