Wet Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've purchased a couple of Olympus wet lenses - the Wide Angle and the macro. Question: how can they be safely carried underwater, and attached as required. (The macro is small enough but the WA is a monster...). I see that Inon has attachments to their arms, but I doubt they are compatible with the Olympus lenses. Also see that they have neoprene carrying bags, so maybe that's a possibility???

Find some attachments to the arm if possible: it makes carrying them a lot easier. The wide angle is bulky on land but feels lighter in the water.

Dont worry about taking the neoprene pocket underwater - they have a tendacy of floating away and are another thing to hold during a lens change (in addtion to camera in one hand the the lens in the other). When you are under water the lenses shouldn't be touching anything anyway.

Most importantly - once you have some way to mount your spare lens to the arm remember to attach them to the arm - i use wire fishing leaders with a snap on either side, attaching to split rings on zip ties on the lens. Otherwise you will end up loosing a lens at some point (I lost a wide angle on a long surface swim).

Cheers,
Rohan.

Take a look at this lens dock.

gb undersea Digital Lens Dock for Add-on Lenses

It has a leash on it that is good for the wide angle lens as it has a collar to attach it to. I have been using this lens dock for years. You are at a high risk of dropping the WAL when threading it on and off. If you drop it it's history in deep water as it sinks faster than you can swim to retrieve it. A leash on it is a must.

Take a look at this lens dock.

gb undersea Digital Lens Dock for Add-on Lenses

It has a leash on it that is good for the wide angle lens as it has a collar to attach it to. I have been using this lens dock for years. You are at a high risk of dropping the WAL when threading it on and off. If you drop it it's history in deep water as it sinks faster than you can swim to retrieve it. A leash on it is a must.

Unfortuneatly, that website is no longer taking orders. Any other similar products out there? I'm interested in the fishing line and swivels idea, any other suggestions?

Thanks
Carol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom