Best CRV3 Li-Ion rechargable for SP-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Time to upgrade the batteries in my SP-350's, the rechargable AA's just aren't holding a charge enough before the dreaded early LowBattery / Battery exhausted screen of death comes on. And yes many years ago I've flashed the camera with new software.

So, I'm shopping on Ebay for Li-Ion batteries and charger. I see some batteries specs show the pack to be 3.0 volts, and others 3.6 volts. Will the 3.6 volt pack be to high for the camera? :confused: Or are all the CRV3 packs the same generic batteries and just buy the largest mAhour rated packs?

Also a slim line travel charger would be great, I hate cords, and want one that plugs right into the wall outlet. Any suggestions?

I'm going to be heading down to Roatan and LIVING there for 6 weeks, so several batteries are a must.

Tips and advice would be great!

thanks

NEW LI-ION Rechargable Battery FOR KODAK CRV3 CR-V3 - eBay (item 250370100974 end time Mar-09-09 16:24:03 PDT)

Battery Charger for Li-Ion CR-V3 CRV3 RCR-V3 AC/DC NEW - eBay (item 200262990147 end time Mar-11-09 14:04:38 PDT)

I don't know about the best, but my Lenmar 3.0v CRV3 is heads and shoulders over the performance I ever got with AA bats.

I've been using a pair of Radio Shack "Emerging Power" CRV3r's with charger for 3 years now. They're still going strong, and will last at least 3 dives plus review time on a charge with the camera on 100% of the dive (about 2.5 hours of diving) or for weeks in my topside camera turning it on and off for short stints.

Thanks Larry, I was hoping you'd chime in.

OH YOU BASTAGE! I see in your sig line you just upgraded to a Nikon D300...........I'd kill for even a D40/D50/D70.

I just don't know if I can comfortably take $6000 of camera gear on a dive with me, even if insured. When you add up the DSLR body, lenses, housing, arms, strobes...........not even if it floods, if your safety cord/tether fails and it drops into the abyss. ouch.

It hurt enough on a Maui trip loosing my Nikon point and shoot and a cheap P.O.S Fantasea housing.

Or when I flooded another Nikon P&S in Cozumel using a cheap P.O.S Fantasea housing (sense a trend here)

I love my SP-350 and Ikelite housing/strobes. Pro-gear with a pro-sumer camera.

thanks larry for your input. happy bubbles to you!

Larry's the bomb. I bought the Radio Shack batteries right away....Have had no problems at all...

I've never understood that saying............and why would anyone want to blow up Larry? grins.

I searched Radio shacks website, and they only listed Ni-mH batteries, not Li-Ion. Maybe they don't have them on their website in Li-Ion in the CRV3 package.

I've use these in my SP-350 :Moby Batteries. I've had one set (I alternate them in the camera and in the charger for almost 3 years and they each still hold a charge for over 150 pix (2-3 dives) if I don't spend a lot of time reviewing pix post dive. One battery was in the camera when it flooded. I neglected to mark it and now don't know which one it is. It didn't seem to make any difference (I did get it pulled out after only a minute or so). Fairly cheap, and a small convenient fast charger.

OH YOU BASTAGE! I see in your sig line you just upgraded to a Nikon D300...........I'd kill for even a D40/D50/D70.

I just don't know if I can comfortably take $6000 of camera gear on a dive with me, even if insured. When you add up the DSLR body, lenses, housing, arms, strobes...........not even if it floods, if your safety cord/tether fails and it drops into the abyss. ouch.

My wife feels the same way! That's why I'm still shooting my SP underwater. Maybe I can talk her into a housing now that our check to the tax man was $7K less than she was dreading. Maybe put it together a little at a time. (I can save about 30% if I order it from China). Better be careful though, or SHE might blow me up!

The measure of a battery's power is not the voltage, but the amp/hours, more being better. This way you can commpare which battery has more energy.

I have also used the Moby batteries, no knock on Radio Shack. A good battery distributor is Thomas Distributing. Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS or Rechargeable Batteries Battery Chargers Rechargeable Lithium Digital Camera Batteries Maha Ansmann Energizer Sanyo ZTS

Larry doesn't have a housing yet for that Nikon. Just like I don't have a housing for my E-510, but the bad budget angel is yelling in my ear about it.

Cheddar when is Curacao?

Our World Underwater in 4 days. Bonaire in 12 days.

SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My SP350 is so dry it squeaks...(which is probably a good thing:)

Back
Top Bottom