1030 SW set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akay47smls

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have bought a 1030 sw and i was wondering what type of wide angle lenses and strobes i should get for it. I ordered a pt-043 case also.

It depends on your budget to a certain extent. I have a number of great strobe and lighting choices. They range from $130 to nearly $1000.

I'd recommend the S-Tray packages with the Sea & Sea YS-27DX and NanoFocus light. The S-Tray is a medium weight tray, that extends in width to accommodate different width hands and housings. The YS-27DX has 8 steps of power and has a beam angle that should work pretty well for close-focus wide angle shots.

If you don't want to spend that much, the UltraPower UDXL is a great starter strobe, not as wide a beam angle and 4 steps of power - But $234 cheaper.

OO-Nano-kit.sm.jpg
Another way to go is the Single Modular tray with either strobe and one of my focus light kits that mount on the top of the housing.

I sell the Fantasea WFAL-02 wide angle lens that works very well with this camera for only $199.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Jack

Last edited:
Where did you order the PT-043 from? Everywhere I look it's backordered and has been for months. I believe they discontinued the part and replaced it with the PT-045 for the Tough 8000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom