Inon Z240 with SP350 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meloco14

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a new Inon Z240 strobe and I've made 2 dives with it. I don't think it is working properly, it doesn't seem to be putting out enough light. My intentions were to use the S TTL and just point and shoot. Using this setting I had to turn the compensation knob way up and still the shots were poorly lit. I also tried auto mode and it worked a little better, but still not very well. I have previously used an old Inon on auto without any problem. I feel like some setting is off or something is preventing the strobe from firing properly. When I turn the strobe on full it fully fires and blows out the picture, so I know the strobe isn't broken, and it's not bad batteries. The camera is on my mode, and the flash is set to internal plus external. The settings are all about the same as I used with the older inon with success. I just don't know if there is some setting or something I need to change on the camera to make the S TTL work on the strobe. Any help is appreciated.

If you go to wetpixel there is a discussion about settings on Inon. It was started by a kiwi who was having similar problems to yours. This was about 6 months ago. Sorry cant remember more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom