E-620!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olympus is making a new housing for the E-620, so the clock is ticking for anyone who wants to buy an Oly housing for the previous models.

Guys I am sure that Phil Rudin will be onto this but at a quick look I cant see anything that would be an advantage underwater.

There could be some great deals on E-520's and the housing.

Guys I am sure that Phil Rudin will be onto this but at a quick look I cant see anything that would be an advantage underwater.

There could be some great deals on E-520's and the housing.

Well, there is a few new features, that might be intresting to underwater usage!

Pro's:
A new 7-point autofocus system.
Higher magnification in the viewfinder.
Later generation of TFT screen.

Cons:
Less capable battery

Cheers
/Mr_Pyro

I think Pyro has about covered it, larger viewfinder one of the big downsides reported by many. Extra AF points which can be an upside to AF speed. I also like the art filters which I have tried with the E-30, the articulating LCD screen and the fact that a vertical battery grip can be used above water. Battery life should be around 450 exposures if not using "live view".

The E-520 has dropped in price but I would not expect to see much change in the PT-E05 housing V. the PT-E06 housing. I think the cost difference is worth it to stay ahead of the curve. As fast as these cameras change the resale will makeup the cost difference.

Phil Rudin

I would agree with the above. Olympus tends to "end-of-life" the housings well ahead of the cameras. If you have an E-520, I wouldn't wait too long to buy a housing. And I doubt that prices will drop very much on them.

I'm really looking forward to the improved AF system, smaller and lighter size. This camera has many of the features of the E-30, at about $100 more.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom