Arm Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madvelazquez

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently own an olympus 560 along with UFL-1 underwater strobe. I am looking for help setting it up with an arm set. When I purchased the strobe about a year ago, there was not arm set/tray for it. Now you can purchase the strobe with fisheye bracket. I have emailed and called several places to purchase the bracket by itself and I am told they dont sell it. Can anyone suggest another brand bracket/Arm/tray Set? thanks in advance.

Olympus | UFL-1 Underwater Strobe, Bracket & Flex | 202259

That bracket you are looking for, IS available separately, just not from Olympus. It is OEM'd by FisheyeUSA. They refer to it as the Digicam tray. I know this because I am in the same situation. Also on their website, are links to online retailers that sale it. I think Reef lists it as an actual SKU. I haven't purchased yet, but am going to.

Try ULCS.com and look at the Ultralight arm trays and system. I have the same strobe and use this system for my Olympus setup. I might also suggest the Sea & Sea Optic L cable. My strobe does not fire all the time without it.

Send a PM to Jack Connick. He should be able to set you up. I've been using a cheap arm set from Bonica for years but I don't think B&H still sell them. They have been durable, light and work with UCLS or TLC. That bracket from Olympus is going to cost more than after market.

I don't know about the end that attaches to the strobe, but the rest of that arm (not the tray or handle) looks to be made up of Loc-Line tubing. There's about $20 worth there if it's 3/4". ModularHose.com - Loc-Line Modular Hose System

Send a PM to Jack Connick. He should be able to set you up. I've been using a cheap arm set from Bonica for years but I don't think B&H still sell them. They have been durable, light and work with UCLS or TLC. That bracket from Olympus is going to cost more than after market.
Agree. Bought my housing from Jack Connick, and will probably go with one of his strobe packages. He is a great resource, and a great place to purchase stuff !! Thanks again Jack, from the guy in Southern California !

Thanks all, I contacted Jack Connick and he was very helpful and was able to answer all my questions (Thanks Jack). I placed my order and am waiting for my new toys to come in.

Thanks all, I contacted Jack Connick and he was very helpful and was able to answer all my questions (Thanks Jack). I placed my order and am waiting for my new toys to come in.
Good for you ! Just curious, what you ended up going with ?

Back
Top Bottom