Olympus XD Picture Cards - H vs M+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamgb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know, I know....I've been on the SB forum a lot lately! This trip on the Nekton is going to stress the heck out of me

Question - when I originally bought my SP-350 I bought an H 1G xD picture card. In getting ready for a liveaboard trip I thought it would be a good idea to get another picture card. Here in Toronto, I could only find a M+ 2G picture card.

What is the difference in the H & M+? I asked the person at the camera store and he didn't even know an H type picture card existed. He mumbles something about the M+ card writing slower. Is this truth or fiction?

Any feedback on the difference between the two would be appreciated. I like the fact of having more memory but not the slower writing time.

This has been answered here before, you may want to do a search for more details, but the H card is the fastest. It is hard to find, but last summer I was still able to buy some 2 gig cards after a Google search. I haven't looked lately.

Good luck,

Wally

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom