Flash ports on PT-E05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ConchyJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey folks,

I see on the PT-E05 it uses optical connections for flash.

I am having a hard time locating an optical cable to go from the PT-E05 to INON Z-240 type 3 flashes.

Thanks in advance for any expertise on this.

Bob

Thanks Gary. It stop snowing out there yet? :)

So since it is optical, I am assuming the internal flash triggers the external flashes? It looks like fromother posts the camera battery does not become a problem when using the flash.

Thanks Gary. It stop snowing out there yet? :)

So since it is optical, I am assuming the internal flash triggers the external flashes? It looks like fromother posts the camera battery does not become a problem when using the flash.

The Inon flashes uses a special system that emits a very strong preflash that fools the camera to only release a very short main flash burst. This saves the batttery of the camera considerly.

Cheers
/Mr_Pyro

Hey Bob,
Yeah we finally got a nice weekend out of the deal. I'm not sure the Inon's conserve the camera battery in the s-ttl mode. However battery hasn't been a problem with either my E410 (Which I've shot over 400 shots on 2 dives..yikes talk about melting the barrel down) nor my E520.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom