SP-350 & Rechargeable batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bosshogg357

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some help with batteries for my SP-350. I purchased it in 2006. I have not used the camera or batteries in 1 year. I usually use them 2-3 dive trips per year with the exception of last year (1-dive trip).

When do I need to replace the batteries? Can I get what I need at Radio Shack and/or Best Buy or are the batteries I'm using high end photo equipment that needs to be purchased online or at specialty store?

I have the following rechargeable AA's for my Ikelite ds-51 strobe:
eFilm 1.2V Nickel-Metal Hydride

and for camera:
eFilm RCR-V3 Li-Ion
and
impact CR-V3 Li-Ion 1550mAh

Thanks for any help.
B

Replace them when they will no longer hold a full charge. Given the limited use they have had, I doubt they need replacing. I have 2 CRV-3's that I have had for 3 years, with at least 50-60 charge cycles on them that are just now starting to run low fast. I would fully charge them, fully discharge them (if your charger will not discharge them, you'd be surprised how fast they drain scrolling through pix on the LCD screen), then recharge.

I got mine from Thomas for about $15 with a charger.

Back
Top Bottom