olympus FE-3010 underwater pics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone use the olympus FE-3010 with housing for their underwater photography?
I would love to see some examples of your shots as i am considering purchasing that set uo with a seperate strobe.

I just purchased one on July 24th for $290. I like the underwater features (camera settings). I was surprised how many pics and video I could shoot with a 4G micro SD card. SD cards are cheaper than xD cards.

As I am sure anyone will tell you, to get color (red) past 10 feet (3 meters) you will need the external flash/strob. I will add some pics in the future.

Good hunting:uwphotographer:

great timing as i was looking at the same setup today myself. 3 questions though...

1. i thought i read that it only took up to a 2g card (although not sure why the card size would be limited)

2. what strobe were you looking at?

is it possible to 'correct' the photos with software if i do not have a strobe?

thanks

Joe

Oly (& Fuji) use their XD media which only comes in 2GB sizes. It tends to be much slower than newer SD and micro-SD media. All the newer Oly P&S cameras come with an adapter that allows use of micro-SD cards in larger and faster sizes. For all practical purposes a 4GB card holds tons of photos.

Jack

Hey burnsfamily382, I think Jack w/OOS said it best ref the card. As far as the strobe goes, I like the Oly U??-1 and I have been seeing a lot of post on the fantasea strobe, however, I'm planning on using the video side of the camera more and from what I understand you just need a constant light source. Reference the software, I have not got that far yet but I'm sure there is something out there. I would talk with Jack at OpticalOceanSales.com (above post) for another opinion.

:UW Photographer:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom