Has anyone shot the Zuiko 7-14 mm lens yet and has pics to share?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine arrived last week, hopefully I will get out with it this weekend and have something to show - conditions permitting.

Most of the wide angle shots in the attached portfolio were taken with the 7 to 14 zoom, it is a bit expensive to buy and house. I am now also using the 9 to 18 zoom with very nice results. It cost less than half what it takes to house the 7 to 14.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

Most of the wide angle shots in the attached portfolio were taken with the 7 to 14 zoom, it is a bit expensive to buy and house. I am now also using the 9 to 18 zoom with very nice results. It cost less than half what it takes to house the 7 to 14.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response! Your post got me thinking. So far, I have not been willing nor able to shell out the bucks for the 7-14, but the 9-18 might be a good compromise. Basically, I am looking to expand my wideangle capabilities. So far I have been using the 14-54mm lens for that, but it's just not wide enough. Would you say that the 9-18 is a significant enough enhancement of wide angle capabilities over the 14-54 to warrant the investment or should I rather wait until I can afford the 7-14? Would you be willing to share some of your wide shots that you took with the 9-18? As far as strobes go, I've been using the Ikelite DS-51s, and I have a hunch that I will have to invest in one or even two strobes with larger coverage if I go wider than my current 14-54 setup. What are your thoughts on this?

I am on the road diving around Florida and will post some shots when I get back next week. The 9 to 18 is a BIG difference over the 14 to 54 in terms of being able to get close to your subject and still have a wide view.

Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin Bio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom