Oly C-4000 Washed out pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks, I thought I would ask you guys since many of you have much more experience with the camera than I do.

I have been noticing that my pictures (especially topside) are washed out like they have been over exposed. Any ideas. Or is my camera just getting old?

As a matter of fact, I do. this picture was taken week or so ago when we flew to Oshkosh. I have done nothing to this picture except to reduce the size n order to post.

Attachments

• P7260070_small.JPG
    P7260070_small.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 34
I haven't received any information, so I am bumping this to the top.

What camera is it?

The picture looks over exposed to me by a stop or two. Check and make sure you have not accidentally set the exposure compensation away from "0" etc.

N

Thanks for the suggestion, but I checked that early on. It's an Olympus C-4000. I know it's an old camera, but I have the housing and strobe set up for underwater that I like. I've just been noticing the problem lately and it's been driving me nuts. So, the other day, I reset the camera back to factory settings and then made the normal changes I like to have like higher resolution, etc. Seems to be better, we will see after a few pictures are taken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom