Strobe for 5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
I killed my 5050 a year ago and after trying out various other cameras I decided simply to buy a new 5050 on ebay. But I never got around to getting a strobe for my 5050 (I have the Oly housing).

What strobe(s) do folks recommend for use with the 5050.

Thanks

Prepair for sticker shock- Inons. They work well and are small in size. Whatever you choose, it must have a fiber optic connection, the Oly housing will not support an electrical one.

Thanks for the tips.

I've done a bit more research and the two strobes i see mentioned most often seem to be the Inon D180 and the S&S YS-90.

These strobes seem a bit hard to find. But I can find other strobes, like the S&S YS-27DX, the S&S YS-250, S&S YS110 , or the Inon Z240.

Would any/all of these work as well with the 5050? Any personal experiences or preferences out there?

Thanks again

I shot my 5050 with Ikelite DS-125s and EV controllers. Got great results. The camera/housing are long gone, but I'm still using the DS-125s with my Oly E-330.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom