Olympus 12-50 EZ Underwater Images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan

Contributor
Reaction score
Nauticam's Edward Lai has posted some images from their testing of the new 12-50 EZ lens port and gear system in the Philippines on the Nauticam Smugmug Gallery.

nau_12to50_port.jpg

This port has a knob to shift between electronic zoom and macro modes on the lens, making a very versatile compact system with excellent closeup and fish portrait capability.

P7100536-M.jpg

P7090332-M.jpg

P7121206-M.jpg

P7121446-M.jpg

Nauticam also tested a new fisheye port solution for Panasonic PZ 14-42 and DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Conversion lens. This is an extremely versatile wide angle solution that allows zooming to frame images similar to the popular tokina 10-17 fisheye zooms for slr systems.

P7111143-M.jpg

P7110742-M.jpg

P7110853-M.jpg

Attachments

• nau_12to50_port.jpg
    nau_12to50_port.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 133
  • P7121446-S.jpg
    P7121446-S.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 121
  • P7090332-M.jpg
    P7090332-M.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 150
  • P7110853-M.jpg
    P7110853-M.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 125
The Zuiko 14-54 mm lens has been my I-don't-know-what-I'm-going-to-see choice for underwater. You can take reasonable wide angle and closeups of smaller critters. I normally travel with three lenses and ports: 50mm, 14-54, and 7-14.

For my new OM-D, I've played with the 12-50 mm lens on land (waiting for the housing and port). The 12-50mm is fantastic because of the built-in macro ability - functional with the new lens port!

I will only need to carry two lenses and ports: 8mm for WA and 12-50 for intermediate and macro. Wonderful!

Of course, the 45mm macro is attractive and I have one on order. :)

Ryan, is there a target date for availability of the new lens port?

So you'll have three ports like me !! But we must not forget the coming Olympus 60 mm macro lense , and I hope to be able to use any of my two ports ( 45 or 12-50 ) with the add of an extension ring that perhaps Nauticam will built for us .:wink:
I just received this morning my housing and two ports ( 8 mm and 45 mm ) . The housing is absolutely fantastic !!!!!!
As I owned before a Nikon D90 I' have the feeling to be a little girl playing with a dolls tea set :)
Thank Ryan to have post the pictures

someone needs to do this port for oly housings

Nice! I am also interested in hearing when it will be available? I assume they also build custom zoom gear for this port?

One fly in the ointment though, the "macro-mode" knob location interferes with various port-add-ons. For example, the Styx port floatation ring (these housings are small, and thus very negative). Or in my case a ring flash that fits nicely on the 14-42 port would not fit here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom