EPL-1 with 7-14mm, 35mm macro, , 12-50mm all in semidome port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
During our dive trip to Walea, Bunaken and Lembeh mid ofJuly, I have a chance to play with those lens – all with 10bar semi dome port.
Our last trip was on July 2011 – after one year untouched, I found lotof dirt inside the housing – very likely from the poor quality of non-metalmaterial of the housing. My (stupid) attempt to clean it was not success, even the acrylic dome getting worst,you'll see the damage visible on some picture particularly for macro.
All pictures are no crop, only resize and level adjustment.Mostly taken by my daughters, (We flooded our XZ-1 on the first day in Bunaken –so they took over the camera from me most of the time)

Panny 7-14 mm
Let start with 7-14mm - terrible soft edges at 7 to 9 mm; obviously the semidome port is too small.

Melati_and_sponge1.jpgMe_and_reef_7mm.jpg

Zuiko 35mm macro.
puffer_35mm.jpgnudi_3_35mm.jpgnudi_2_35mm.jpg
Pontohi.jpgBRO_35mm.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:24 AM ----------

still with 35 mm macro

Blueribbon_35mm.jpgCuttle_fish4.jpgFrogfish26.jpgNudi_35mm.jpgsoft_coral8.jpg

Olympus 12-50mm.
This lens kit is taken from my OM-D; I have no housing yet. The Nauticam distributor in Jakarta told me he will have 4 sets by end of July or early August, but too late - can't wait.
1PEPL1.jpg

Toilet tissue is not an elegance way to install the zoom ring; but it work, but not for the macro button.

The AF is easy and fast, but at max. 50mm not able to focus, don’t know why. 12 mm is not wide.

celey1.jpgMayang_and_soft_coral.jpg

at 33mm, natural light
House_Reef_1.jpg

For macro, I have to attach the Inon UCL 165M67.
Nemo_50mm.jpgFish_25.jpgcrab43.jpg

nice pics, wisnu...

Zuiko 35mm macro? Are you using the Olympus 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter with this lens?
I have tried it above water and found the auto focus terribly slow, how did it manage underwater in a real-life situation?
Kind regards,
Bruce

thnx for posting

Hi Bruce,
Indeed, this Zuiko 4/3 lens require MFT-1 adapter. The new MFT-2 adapter does not fit the housing port. Certainly it is not the best quality macro lens, but for the chipo USD 225 I will not complain much.
It's very slow but not too bad underwater - may be I'm luck, the critters here are very friendly and seem love the camera (with the exception pigmy pontohi)- they gave us sufficient time to focus either AF or manual. (I don’t have manual focus ring - just move the camera).
Infact, apart from the problem on our dome surface, I feel more convenience using this lens rather than 12-50mm + wet lens.
We use this lens all the time in lembeh and manado bay since we flooded :crying:our XZ-1 in Bunaken.
So, I'm thinking to purchase the flat port for this lens.

---------- Post Merged at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:30 AM ----------

nice pics, wisnu...

Thanks Chile,
Lembeh is really macro heaven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom