E-PL3 + Oly Housing - Deliberation on buying additional Macro lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amnong

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought Inon 67mm +6 Macro lens ( UCL-165 M67), results are pretty fine so far (few photos attached).
For greater supper Macro shots, I'm deliberating between buying additional identical +6 lens and stuck them together, or buying additional +10 and switch between the lens.

Suggestions and consideration points are appreciated.

Amnon

Attachments

• P0000010.jpg
    P0000010.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 73
  • P0000009.jpg
    P0000009.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 83
  • P0000007.jpg
    P0000007.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 86
  • P0000003.jpg
    P0000003.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 74
  • P0000002.jpg
    P0000002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 101
I have the EPL-2 and Olympus housing with the 14-42 lens and the 45mm amcro lens, I also own and use the Inon 165 and the Subsee +10.
I find that I use the +10 more than I use the Inon with both the 14-42 and the 45mm macro. . .
BTW, I am also waiting on the release of the 60mm macro and WILL buy this lens as well.
HTH,
Bruce

Bruce, thanks for the useful information, few questions if you will:

1. Could you please elaborate on the differences (magnification) of using a dedicated 45mm macro lens and a diopter (or both)?
  2. When using 14-42mm, do you zoom to 42mm when using the diopter?
  3. If you publish your photos somewhere, I’ll be happy to get impression of it

Amnon

Any additional comments and insights to my question above (or macro tips), would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Amnon

Olympus is now shipping a 60mm macro lens that looks to be killer and should be very fast. A dedicated macro lens will always give sharper images with better control of Depth of Field.

Jack

Hi Jack,
Are they shipping the new lens or have they just announced its release?
Big difference between the two. . .
Bruce

They are supposed to ship in early October.

Hi Amnon,
I find that the 45mm macro from Panasonic hunts/searches too much, whereas the 14-42 zoom 'locks' on a lot quicker.
Flickr: terrillbruce's Photostream
Bruce

Thanks for sharing Bruce.

The macro shots are thrilling. Compositions, colors and sharpness.
I’m wondering what’s your focus secret, resulting such a crisp images and DOF?

Amnon

Back
Top Bottom