Channel Islands w/ E-PL3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jak Crow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did an amazing week long dive trip to the Channel Islands in August, starting at San Clemente and working our way up. Viz was fantastic, temp was low 70s, and conditions were glass. I used my E-PL3, and usually just the 14-42mm lens w/ Zen dome port. Pics attached. Took some of my best during this trip.

_WUF3719.jpg_WUF3295.jpg_WUF3234.jpg_WUF3230.jpg_WUF4140.jpg_WUF4083.jpg_WUF4084.jpg_WUF3385.jpg_WUF3348.jpg_WUF3194.jpg_WUF3127.JPG_WUF4538.jpg_WUF4397.ORF.jpg_WUF4384.jpg_WUF4382.jpg

Awesome pics! Great job

With the kit lens (14-42 mm) and the Zen dome port, what is the field of view at 14mm? How much greater is that as opposed to the Oly flat port? Is there any loss of macro with the Zen port?

With the kit lens (14-42 mm) and the Zen dome port, what is the field of view at 14mm? How much greater is that as opposed to the Oly flat port? Is there any loss of macro with the Zen port?

I've read the FOV is 25% more over the flat port, but I don't know about loss on macro. I think I came away with some nice macro shots though, which I haven't posted.

Picture #6 of the sea lion is really beautiful, with the light on his back -- and that's a great shot of the Navanax, too!

Picture #6 of the sea lion is really beautiful, with the light on his back -- and that's a great shot of the Navanax, too!
#6 is one of my best to date.

The sea lion and moray eel photos have been published in the latest issue of California Diving News. I was so stoked to find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom