PT-EP03 Port O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jghflash

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone else had a problem with the stock Olympus port o-rings, for lack of a better term, sucking? When I received the housing new they were installed in the flat port and worked fine. I bought the Zen dome and the first time I removed the Oly port I noticed the o-ring grooves are very wide and the o-rings were pretty loose. The o-rings on the Zen seem to be a much better fit. Recently I took the Zen dome off and tried to reinstall the Oly port and when I pulled the o-rings out of the zip lock bag they had been stored in (lightly greased, of course) they were huge. I tried to install the flat port back on the housing but there was no way to stuff all the extra o-ring into the groove. I measured them side by side with the Zen o-ring and they are at least 1/4" larger on the diameter. I put the Zen o-rings on the Oly port and they fit perfect. Luckily I bought a spare set of Zen o-rings so i should get by for a while. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Last year I had a very minor leak after putting the Oly flat port back on the housing. Never was sure why and it has not leaked since. However, one of the reasons I will probably buy the 60 mm macro is so that I will not need to use the flat port again. However, I have never measured the O rings the same way you did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom