What fits behind these nauticam ports OM-D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the 4.33" dome and the flat port for the 60mm macro. I know the Pana 8mm fits the dome and the 12-50 and 60mm will fit in the flat port. Has anyone tried any other lenses in these ports?
thanks
Ken

Thanks for the link. so it appears that the dome eliminates the magnification caused by refraction. I can see why one would want to put the 12-50 behind a dome but what is the advantage of using a dome on the 60mm?

I'll give my dome on my 60mm next time out a try and see if I like it. thanks for the tip.

I use the 4.33" dome port for 12-50mm and 60mm macro.

How can you use the 4.33" dome with the 12-50 and 60mm lenses when it won't fit with these lenses?

Kern,

The link below is for the latest Nauticam port chart, revised 31 Jan 13. This PDF download covers everything from the RED and PhaseOne cameras to the latest Canon EOS M housing posted on the NauticamUSA.com site today. The charts can be found at both NauticamUSA.com and Nauticam.com.

The 4.33 inch dome for M43 is different than the 4.33 inch dome port for Sony NEX both with different part numbers. You will also see that some lenses require extensions to work with some ports.

Above, Wisnu intended to say 2:1 equiv. in 35mm, twice life size, not 1:2 or half life size.

You may want to read my post on the second wetpixel link regarding more port choices from ZEN Underwater to even further confuse the issue. The new ZEN 170mm port is as close to a one size fits all port for any wide angle lens that I have seen so far.

Phil Rudin

http://nauticam.com/images/catalog/catalog_18.PDF

Olympus OM-D E-M5 - Page 22 - Digital SLRs/Housings - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Probably the 4.33" dome port with a 30mm extension will work as well. It will fit but nobody has tried or commented on its use.
I wonder if it is better than the 4" dome option (this dome, which I have, leaves a lot of space in front of the 9-18mm lens and of the 12-50mm one).
I also have the 3.5" dome which works very nicely with the 8mm FE lens and also would fit with a 30mm extension.
But because of its smaller diameter I am not sure if it will focus correctly with the 9-18mm o 12-50mm lenses...

The fact that the 12-50 or 9-18 may fit behind the 4.33 inch port with an extension does not make it a proper combination, that is why Nauticam makes and updates the attached port charts to begin with. I am sure Nauticam would have those combos listed if they gave proper image quality. I think it makes more sence to go by the Nauticam chart.

A good example is that with the 8mm and 3.5 inch dome Nauticam recommend using the 20mm extension for best results.

Phil Rudin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom