EPL-5 /PT-EP10 Fn button UW wide angle or UW Macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sooke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
The PT-EP10 housing instruction manual provides directions on setting up the Fn button for UW wide angle and UW macro.
They tell you to do this as a matter of fact so I configured the settings. I really can't see doing this has much effect on the photos and I'm thinking of getting rid of the settings. I stepped up from a P&S camera and you always had to use the macro flower button for close up and macro otherwise you had blurred images. Do these settings have their own custom factory pre set focus and WB process settings? Camera and housing instruction manuals don't have much detail on this feature. I'm using the "Kit Lens" 14-45 mm II.
Also, while in camera manual mode hitting the fn button always resets my manual mode F stop and shutter speed settings. A bit irritating to say the least. Other than this quirk mentioned the EPL-5 is a amazing little camera. Any feed back will be appreciated. Many thanks.

Sooke, Coming from a compact camera there is quite a bit of getting used to ...The Olympus mirrorless cameras have lots of personalization you can do compared to compacts. The UW WA ad UW Macro setting for the Fn buttons will work only for the 12-50mm lens. I think the manual does explain this. There is no specific macro function on larger sensor camera. Fn buttons can be configured to what you want to do...

As I understand it only 12 mm (UW Wide) and 50 mm (UW Macro) is available. And you can't operate the macro switch.

I have yet to try mine underwater but will within the next month. Therefore I can only rely on the manual (p.80) which states that the UW WA and UW MACRO functions can only be programmed with the Camera in P Mode. Doing will also add UW to the WB menus notwithstanding the lens being used. However, if using the 12-50mm lens, the lens will automatically be zoomed to the Wide end ot TELE end depending on the settings diailed in (MACRO or WA).

Sooke, Coming from a compact camera there is quite a bit of getting used to ...The Olympus mirrorless cameras have lots of personalization you can do compared to compacts. The UW WA ad UW Macro setting for the Fn buttons will work only for the 12-50mm lens. I think the manual does explain this. There is no specific macro function on larger sensor camera. Fn buttons can be configured to what you want to do...

use this function to control the focal lenght to 12 OR 50 mm only - unfortunately the default setting for UW wide and UW macro rae not what the most UWphotographer want.
So, use M mode - set A, S to your prefered setting. Push Fn to get the wide (12mm) or macro (50mm) mode, turn the mode dial and return to M mode.

This lens will certainly help me to decide wether to get the E-Pl7 or E-Pl6.

I've learnt that on macro mode, this lens offers magnification up to 0.72x.

I saw some people 3D printed a zoom gear for this lens to be used in a Pt-ep10 housing... I'm not sure if it's design to utilize the zoom dial to trigger the macro button.

I do have the zoom gear but you are unable to activate the macro switch. Did a new gear come out??

I do have the zoom gear but you are unable to activate the macro switch. Did a new gear come out??

Owh... do you have samples of the macro and WA shot with the lens??

I saw a few version.

https://thingiverse-production-new....s/4c/79/3e/ef/82/Snap307_preview_featured.jpg

http://www.wamungo.com/Images/Olymp...mpus-PT-EP10-Housing-530204688970280c305f198d

http://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1956147_6334932_1429740597.jpg

Next time I use it I will send a link

Back
Top Bottom