E-PL1 First Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Done processing photos from my recent trip to Bonaire. Up until this point, I've always used point & shoot setups. Last year, I got a YS-110a. And then, during the Adorama deal, I sold my other kit and got a E-PL1. So, my setup for Bonaire was E-PL1, PT-EP01, 14-42II lens, 1 YS-110a. It was a lot of fun. I could really tell a difference in the sensor "fidelity" (for lack of a better term). Of course, the best pics were when I got the closest. But, this is certainly my highest quality gallery to date. Comments and criticisms welcome:

https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/mcole2/trips/2013.bon/album/

Lightroom 4 used to process the RAW files.

That camera was a killer deal, and you've done well with it. Really nice set of images.

very nice

Beautiful pictures.

You got some great close-up shots of shrimp and flamingo tongues, but didn't mention any macro accessories - did you just shoot further out and crop, or can the camera really focus that well at that close distance?

I jumped on the same deal, but haven't had a chance to try macro with it yet.

James

James,

For the macro-type shots, I zoomed in to 42, got as close as it would focus, and then did sometimes extensive cropping afterwards. One thing that impressed me was how well the crops held up. With my previous point & shoots, after like 50% crop, the quality sank fast. Here, as long as focus was OK, I could crop like 75% and it still held up fairly well. The shrimp are about 75% crops. I think my first accessory might be the 67mm wet mount cover-thing (PMLA-EP01) and a lower cost 67mm wet macro lens. The 60mm macro lens from Olympus is beyond my budget atm, but I'd love to try that too.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom