Olympus E-M1 Photos from today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Photos from todays dive at the BHB using the new Olympus E-M1 with the 60mm macro lens in the Nauticam NA-EM1 housing, two Inon Z-240 strobes.

Attachments

• untitled-1060058.jpg
    untitled-1060058.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 395
  • untitled-1060071.jpg
    untitled-1060071.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 375
  • untitled-1060097.jpg
    untitled-1060097.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 362
  • untitled-1060144.jpg
    untitled-1060144.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 352
Exactly what I wanted to see , images taken with the EM1 !! Thank Phil and happy new year , also :) Your fist impressions ?? Image quality seems improve and what about the speed of autofocus and trigger ?? There's two magic words for me in the description of the EM1 it's 1/320 ieme and iso 100 , does this seems to matter now that you have try the camera , (especially iso as you did macro) ??

AF speed has been excellent so far and better yet quite accurate. I am using the rear AEL/AFL trigger for auto focus and the front shutter release to fire. I like this combo because once the focus is set you can shoot also you want without the camera trying to refocus.

The images were shot at ISO-100 and 1/320th which is a big upside for this camera v. most other mirrorless and DSLR cameras.

I installed the vacuum valve and leak system is a breeze to use, one check of the green light before dunking the camera and forget about it.

Wow!!

untitled-1080019.jpguntitled-1080055.jpguntitled-1080069.jpg

More EM-1 photos from yesterdays dive, 60mm macro, Nauticam NA-EM1 housing, Nauticam 65 macro port, two Inon Z-240 strobes, all with the SAGA +15 C/U lens. ISO-100, 1/320th of a second, F9-F14. Very poor vis day.

very nice...thanks for sharing..

Phil,

Great shots, thanks for sharing.

I have another question in regards to Continuous AF. I used to us the Canon G12 and when set to continuous auto-focus the camera always tried to keep the object in focus without evening depressing the shutter button. Will the E-M1 do this or any other DSLR? Using the E-M5 I found it annoying to keep on pressing either the AF (when in MF mode) or Shutter Button to focus to see the object I wanted to shoot.

By the way I know you had trouble with Back focus and locking up the camera. 10 days of diving on the E-M5 and no issues whatsoever.

Thanks.

Henny, I appears that C-AF on the E-M1 is much better than on the E-M5 but I have no real world experience at this time. Good to hear the back focus issue is resolved for you.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom