OMD EM5 & 12-50mm lens in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We just got back from three weeks in Cozumel. I shot a lot of images using my EM5 in a Nauticam housing. Because I never knew what I was going to see on any dive, eagle rays or nudibranchs, I stuck with the Oly 12-50mm and nauticam's port/gear with access to the macro switch.

Here's a link to the trip report and images: Cozumel, January 2014

Enjoy,
Jim

great report and fantastic pix

Jim, great photos.

I just upgraded from G12 to EM5 (12-50mm lens) & waiting for my Nauticam housing to arrive. I'm still going through the setting manual.

Will be great if u can share your camera settings for some of your photos. Thanks

For close up, macro, I usually shoot manual - f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 200. For middle range and semi WA, I use shutter priority (1/100 sec), EV = -2.0, and ISO 400.

Man, I am never disappointed when I cruise thru your pictures...As usual beautiful....

I might have missed that piece of info but what kind of strobe are you using ? I'm pretty much set on getting an Oly PL5 (lower end cousin of yours) but have no clue what to get light wise.

Amazing photos. Great picture composition, and very sharp.
It seems like you've been more lucky with your 12-50 than I have. It also seems like your camera focuses better than my e-pl1..
Great work!

When you say that you shoot manual for close-ups, is that also the case for the strobe? No TTL stuff?

I might have missed that piece of info but what kind of strobe are you using ? I'm pretty much set on getting an Oly PL5 (lower end cousin of yours) but have no clue what to get light wise.

From the pictures, it seems like he uses two pcs. YS-D1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom