Proposal for new forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Scubaboard’s photo sections are broken down by equipment brands and that generally works fine. But with micro four thirds cameras this does not work so well. Uniquely to Panasonic and Olympus, bodies, lenses and many accessories may be mixed and matched. A common example is the popularity of the Panasonic 8mm lens on Olympus bodies. Similarly, ports made by Olympus, Nauticam, Zen, Aquatica and others may be used for both Panasonic and Olympus lenses and on housings for both camera brands.

Olympus and Panasonic both make a variety of point and shoot cameras and neither company makes a DSLR. If one wants to look through the Panasonic forum for information about a housing or port for a micro 43 camera, one has to wade through dozens of threads about point & shoot type cameras.

I am not sure if this can be done or if perhaps I should send a request to a moderator, but wondered if others agreed that it would be a good idea to have a classification dedicated to Micro Four Thirds. I suppose it could be a “mirrorless” forum instead, but Nikon and Fuji already have mirrorless cameras and we will see more companies with these products, so that might not be the best solution.

This makes sense to me as well

The wetpixel gear lust forum consist of the subforum of cameras types (DSLR and Compavt) - they do not have manufacturers subforum. So, not very difficult just to add mirrorless subforum and move all mirrorless posts to this new forum.
In the other hand, Scubaboard UW photography mainly comprise of manufacturers subforums - I don't think can simply add mirrrorless subforum into existing structure

Back
Top Bottom