First pictures with old olympus sp 350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corlett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all

Here are some of my first pics with my olympus..

We all have to start some where, :D Location Portugal, Atlantic..

P7090034.jpg

P7090043.jpg

P6180014.jpg

P6180018.jpg

I still have 3 of the SP-350's, an awesome camera............just that shooting raw takes forever to process..no big deal as I just shoot jpg anyways.

My SP350 uses a Proven Ikelite housing, TTL with a hot shoe, DS-125 ikelite strobe.

see my sig for all the INON wet mount lenses.

it's still a great camera! revel in it!

I've got one as my fall back/fail safe, and it's great at what it does. One of its shortcomings is too great a distance for macro, so I adopted an old MotorMarine MX10 close-up lens (just squeezed it into a 46mm to 52mm step-up ring) for macro work, and it works great. Have fun!

Sorry for the delay in reply....

Here is the same machine...
Olympus PT 030 Under Water Camera Housing for SP310 SP320 SP350 | eBay

The camera comes with the machine, I cannot see a brand / make on the housing ?

The only NEGATIVE on this camera after some use is at depth ( 20 odd 30 mts ) it sometimes refuses to shoot, and it Eats batteries, every dive I have to chnge Batteries.

Macro photos though are great and one cannot complain for price / value, I will upgrade though but for a novice, it is a great affordable simple camera to use...

---------- Post added September 25th, 2014 at 08:31 PM ----------

Wisnu...

GREEEEEEEEEEEEAT photos, absolutely stunning, what is the camera like at distance ? ? example, I work in archeaology and sometimes we nbeed photos from a distance, ex: anchor, ballast, etc etc and not all cameras can handle the ``anti green ´´ effect, where I work the water is not so clear...

---------- Post added September 25th, 2014 at 08:48 PM ----------

By the way..
I have completed OW / AOW and am now following Rescue diver... personally I think more people should follow `` rescue ´´ it really opens your eyes to self assistance, hidden dangers, silly mistakes etc, etc which can all make the differance from `` going diving´´ and ``returning ´´, ( touch wood and God bless all )

Corlett,
you need WA wet lens to reduce the distance. The proper WA wet lens for UW is not cheap. I don't recommend but I did try with cheap WA (not for WA), might be lucky but it worked up to 20m http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/un...-wet-wide-angle-lens-underwater-yes-work.html
you can use magic filter for green water to restore color; take with manual WB

re. battery, you can use CR-V3 or rechargeable CR-V3 for longer battery use; and in case you use external strobe, shoot in full manual with the internal flash set to minimum power.

Thanks Wisnu....:luxhello:

Back
Top Bottom