Lightroom 4 and OMD 10 RAW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeinLA

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got the Olympus OMD 10, and, apparently, Lightroom 4 doesn't support the RAW files. Does anyone know how to get LR4 to support Olympus RAW files (or am I forced to "upgrade" to LR5)?

Thanks in advance!

Adobe only adds raw support for new cameras to the latest version of lightroom as a point release.

You will have to upgrade if you want to continue shooting raw and use lightroom

I don't pretend to be an expert on Adobe products but I thought you could use the DNG converter so that you can use earlier versions of Lightroom and Photoshop. The following is the link to the DNG Converter 8.5 Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge that me can confirm that this program will allow you to use Lightroom 4.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Adobe products but I thought you could use the DNG converter so that you can use earlier versions of Lightroom and Photoshop. The following is the link to the DNG Converter 8.5 Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge that me can confirm that this program will allow you to use Lightroom 4.

The Lightroom import function doesn't just copy a raw file but applies a number of corrections to lens, noise, sharpness etc to match the camera
Some features that require knowledge of the camera also wouldn't work in previous releases
So you could convert all to DNG and use but all the intelligence In dealing with that specific camera and lens is lost
Definitely worth an upgrade in this case

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom