OMD EM5 mode cap came off...again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The cap on the OMD EM-5's mode dial popped off, again! AARRGH. When it happened the first time, shortly after I bought the camera, I sent it back to Olympus to be repaired. This time, I'm going to glue the damned thing down. I love the camera but this is the pits.

Mime came off as well last year. I sent it back to Olympus for warranty repair. I try to change modes as little as possible - left in Manual almost always and I don't shoot much video. I am sure it will come off eventually so if you come across a great glue, let me/us know. I have also wondered what the small metallic ear underneath the cap was for and Olympus didn't really tell me.

Be careful gluing it back on. I glued mine back on with super glue and now its stuck in manual mode.

jlyle: You are having a rough trip (photographically speaking). I will try and put in a good word for you with the photo gods so you can make it through the trip. I never had any problems with the dial on my E-M5 but after reading reports of problems I started carrying around a bit of gaffer tape and a small tube of krazy glue. Good luck.

Both of mine have fallen off, I just put a tiny dab of silicone (RTV) on it and a year later no worries.
Bill

I glued mine and it's been a year or more with no issues

The cap to my main dial popped off this morning. And, I have no glue with me.

The cap to my main dial popped off this morning. And, I have no glue with me.

I don't know where you are, but if you can find some electricians tape you may be able to double it over and stick the cap on. I was able to do this with a lot of fiddling on a vacation before I could get my hands on some super glue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom