Olympus Video format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gert7to3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the video format newer Oly cameras shoot? Also is there a preferred Mac program to view them with? I can't seem to find video on my memory cards.

With Nikon video was just in the folder as an avi along with the jpegs and Raw images

I have a e-m5 and my video files show up as a .MOV file. Imovie shows them fine.

My EM5 will shoot MOV or MPEG. I have upgraded firmware but am fairly certain the same options were available before the upgrade. See shooting menu 1 and is a submenu of the of the one that looks like a headlight (no name but is Record Mode). The expanded users manual doesn't have much info so I had to search for it. And this assumes that either you have an EM5 or the menus are similar in other models. I can't offhand remember where the files are stored in the directory in memory but if all else fails, search the card for .mov or .mpg. I recall they will be under the folder starting with OLY. I don't use Apple products so MOV is a pain and converting them to AVI and DV-AVI is a bit of a pain. Sounds like you desire MOV files anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom