E-PL7 & PT-EP12 has anyone tried this out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a review or any info on the E-PL7 and the PT-EP12?

Very curious myself to look at this unit, but waiting to get more info on changing out the front port. The PT-EP12 when you look at the product lens sheet no longer supports or lists the 60mm and 9-18mm as a standard fitting option. Looking at what images are available online the port has been changed and doesn't accept these anymore. I'm waiting to see if I can still fit my Zen and E-PL standard port onto this housing. If so it'll be a great piece of kit but available information on this is very limited.

Go look at the backscatter website and there photos of housing. It doesn't look any different than my epl2 housing as far as the port.
In fact backscatter let's you order then zen with it, so I think it's backward compatible.
Now, I've never actually held the housing, so maybe we should wait for someone who has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures I see what you mean.
3rd from last shows a definite join between the housing body and the port.
The last seem to show a thread on the inside.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it is the same as the previous housing. Will wait and see the a review.

Go look at the backscatter website and there photos of housing. It doesn't look any different than my epl2 housing as far as the port.
In fact backscatter let's you order then zen with it, so I think it's backward compatible.
Now, I've never actually held the housing, so maybe we should wait for someone who has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got our hands on an E-PL7 yesterday and it's a very nice camera. Basically it's the E-M1 in every way as far as imaging, sensor & optics.
The differences are mainly the lack of viewfinder, and direct manual controls. The frame rate is a little slower, software has a few less features.

But it is a heck of a camera...

I did test it's TTL with a YS-D1 and it worked fine, better than the E-PL5.

We didn't have a housing, but I'm sure the ports are the same width.

Jack

Go over to www.uwphotographyguide.com There is a article comparing the E-PL7 to the E-PL5. Its states the housing PT-EP12 will handle the 14-44 kit lens, 60mm, and 9-18mm. They recommend the Zen WA Port for the 9-18mm WA lens.

And they are wrong. There is a new port that is shorter and the 60 won't fit. They haven't even seen the housing. I have a query into Olympus about this issue, seems like they ought to be supporting their own lenses...

Keeping fingers crossed that the port is removable and compatible with the previous housings.

And they are wrong. There is a new port that is shorter and the 60 won't fit. They haven't even seen the housing. I have a query into Olympus about this issue, seems like they ought to be supporting their own lenses...

Hi everyone,

I'm just new to the forum but I have been watching it for some time. The reason I have registered is to give all Olympus fans a good news. I have just received new Olympus PT-EP12 housing for the new Olympus E=PL7 camera. All rumours, that the port in PT-EP12 is fixed are NOT TRUE !!! The port is easily removable. You do it the very same way yo do it with PT-EP05L and PT-EP6 housings. All you need to do is unscrew Philips screw that is keeping the locking metal bit in place, than turn the port 90 degrees and pull it out. The port itself has 2 o-rings and it the same size as the port in PT-EP05L and PT-EP6 housings. So you can change ports between housings.
So considering all of the above, I would assume, that ZEN dome port (ZEN WA-100-EP will fit too (the port socket has not been changed)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom