Few images from XZ2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5teve

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have only used the xz2 once before on a dive trip, so this was its second outing with the addition of a ys27dx flash and S&S tray that came with the flash (very cheap buy to see how much difference it made to me) I'm also a relative newb to diving (50 or so dives)

All in all i'm quite happy with the shots not stunning but good for me on my first outing with the strobe.. and happy with how well the xz-2 worked in AV with the flash at 1/64 power no preflash setting on the flash. ys27dx was generally used between 1/2 and full power depending on the situation.. Thought I would post some shots as there arent many examples of underwater pictures using this camera and the olympus housing..

Pictures shot in raw and then processed in lightroom..

https://plus.google.com/photos/1033...s/6073379060469850561?authkey=CO2s0tvR_YKh-wE

Steve

Hi Steve, great pics! I'm looking at upgrading from my sealife DC1200, and the XZ-2 is one of the cameras I'm starting to look at. I'd be interested in seeing the pics prior to going through lightroom? is that possible. As I don't use lightroom, I'm curious to know how much of an impact it has on the 'raw' image.
thanks, Stuart

Hi Steve, great pics! I'm looking at upgrading from my sealife DC1200, and the XZ-2 is one of the cameras I'm starting to look at. I'd be interested in seeing the pics prior to going through lightroom? is that possible. As I don't use lightroom, I'm curious to know how much of an impact it has on the 'raw' image.
thanks, Stuart

Hi Stuart

I'll try and get round to posting some without.. as shot with the strobe. As i shoot RAW there is no camera magic going on so no white balance correction.. just straight what the camera sees. Lightroom makes a big difference and you will find most people on here recommend it or similar.

The strobe definitely makes a difference over no strobe tho.. close shots need very little work and backscatter is far less.

The below 3 pictures are an example of RAW - No strobe and lightrooms 'magic' (manual white balance, clarity, exposure etc) this was my first outing with the camera - no strobe - only internal flash.

Steve

bumphead.jpg

Clamshell-combined.jpg

turtle-combined.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom