Flash not firing all the time on em-1 while in housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've had the Em-1 with nauticam with a few dives already everything was fine. Today the flash was not firing in the housing only every other time or more (all black photos). Took out the camera charged all the batteries and put it back in the housing and same issue. I have not changed any settings and have flash set to 1/64th power. What am I missing? I do see the red focus light come on in the camera.Thanks,

Yeah I also carry a spare flash for my EM-5.
Orenbvip: Why do you have your focus light on inside a housing? One more thing to turn off to save battery power.

damn, were can i find a spare flash in the Philippines? Also thinking maybe the shutter? Everything seem to work fine top side. maybe ill upgrade the firmware too?

A friend had her flash (EM-1) die on a recent Indonesia trip, replacement was needed, I had a spare
Bill

I can't find a spare flash here. I think I can find synch cables. I have ys-d1 stobes do I need any other parts? I've never used or set up sync cables before....

Try this guy he is reliable and is in the Philippines. I bought an Inon Z240 from him.

splashphotography on eBay

You would have to contact him via ebay messaging unless he has a shop with same name in Philippines.

where is that in the settings?

Custom menu; AF/MF; AF illumination switch to off.

given the intermittent problem, maybe your flash was set to Auto instead of "on" ? One other problem the flash needs a few seconds to "recharge" not sure if you tried to shoot while the flash unit was recharging. Did you ever get it resolved?

Back
Top Bottom