Last Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just got back from a week-and-a-half vacation. Went to Sandbanks Prov. Park with the family. Best part was that I spent the last three days diving..

Went with Ducks on Long Point Rd in Point Traverse. The folks there are great and run a good solid boat. They have a great handle on the wrecks and can guarentee everything but the vis!

Charter was through Durham Divers and they did a great job too.

I finally got onto the City of Sheboygan and it was worth the wait! Second dive of the day was on the Annie Falconer.

Second day got even better, dived on the Kattie Eccles (sp?) which although discovered in the 50s just got bouyed this year. I think that this wreck is even prettier than the Sheboygan. She is at 100-105 ft and just awesome. Two great points - the bow is in awesome condition and the sight from off the bow sprite is just great. Also off the starboard side is a chain that leads out to an anchor about 20-30 ft from the wreck. This is the anchor that slipped and allowed the Kattie to drift until she scrapped her stern off on another reef and sank. All her masts are still on her but have fallen down onto the deck.

Last dive was the Olive Branch - an oldie but an nice dive to 95 ft. Nice to max out on my NDL and still have air in my tank for the first time.

Two shore dives on the next day got me up close and personal with Subliminos. Nice piece of history.

Great people, great boat, great charter company, weather was hot and sunny both days. Gentle chop on the first day and .... rough water on the second day - Many chumming the water and only three folks made the second dive (I was one!)

Any how, wanted to let all of you know that I had a great experience diving with the folks at Ducks. Oh yeah and the water was high forties to mid fifties (at depth) and the vis was always 20+ feet with a high of close to 90 ft on the Kattie. Perfect Ontario diving!

I too have dove with Ducks and used their facilities at thier cottages.....great people, love to talk diving and show vids of diving etc.......

Back
Top Bottom