Dive Shops in KW area ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Folks, can anyone direct a friend of mine to a reputable dive shop inthe Kitchener-Waterloo area.......He wants to take his Nitrox cert and is wondering who is in that area....Can anyone help out ?? We could use the yellow pages, but sometimes this is better source...................................Thanks...Tim

Part of my job took place in KW. I found two places Groundhog Divers and Tricity divers where I found the staff were reasonably knowledgeable. However it was just PADI and NAUI - no advanced Nitrox (TDI, IANTD) and I'm not sure if either teaches Nitrox anyway.

If this person wants to do Nitrox, there are some good shops in TO and Whitby, and some good instructors in Ottawa. If you wish, pop me a PM and I'll pop some more names at you.

The only place that runs Nitrox courses out of KW is Deans Sport and Dive. It is not far from the other two. I did my open water, advanced and rescue through Groundhogs which is a great store IMHO but they do not teach Nitrox or do fills. Tricity has been trying to bring in O2 for nitrox fills, but still having problems with there set-up last I heard.

There's three dive-shops that I know of in KW, and they've all been named... Groundhog divers, Tri-City diving, and Deans Sport and Dive.

They're all on Victoria, east of downtown kitchener.

Groundhog is easy to spot; tri-city is tucked into a little mall on the south (right-hand as you head out Victoria) side of the road, but if you
watch the billboards it's not too hard to find. Dean's, on the other hand (at least as of a few months ago) doesn't have a sign up on the road.

They're no longer out on that dirt road in Breslau, but are now tucked in the back/bottom of a small mall; just about the last thing you pass on the right-hand side of the road before you head out of the city towards Guelph.

Dean's is, however, about the "techiest" of the three shops, at least from what I've seen. I know they do Nitrox, and might do trimix as well.

The staff at all three shops are very friendly, and have a very good attitude about people coming in to browse and ask questions, even if you're not buying.

Jamie

Tri-City Diving has been pumping Nitrox and teaching Nitrox for almost 2 years with never a problem...sorry was just reading through and saw this!

jrtonkin:
There's three dive-shops that I know of in KW, and they've all been named... Groundhog divers, Tri-City diving, and Deans Sport and Dive.

They're all on Victoria, east of downtown kitchener.

Groundhog is easy to spot; tri-city is tucked into a little mall on the south (right-hand as you head out Victoria) side of the road, but if you
watch the billboards it's not too hard to find. Dean's, on the other hand (at least as of a few months ago) doesn't have a sign up on the road.

They're no longer out on that dirt road in Breslau, but are now tucked in the back/bottom of a small mall; just about the last thing you pass on the right-hand side of the road before you head out of the city towards Guelph.

Dean's is, however, about the "techiest" of the three shops, at least from what I've seen. I know they do Nitrox, and might do trimix as well.

The staff at all three shops are very friendly, and have a very good attitude about people coming in to browse and ask questions, even if you're not buying.

Jamie
I second this statement.
Very nice people in all 3 shops.

FYI
Groundhog Divers does teach Nitrox courses.
Took one myself last year.
Great Course.
I aggree with Oren.
Very nice people at all 3 shops in KW

Groundhog now teaches Nitrox (popular demand? I think the first courses ran last fall), however they don't do nitrox fills. Contact info at www.groundhogdivers.com and check the schedule of events.
(disclaimer, I am not financially associated with the store, aside from the $$ I spend there)

Back
Top Bottom