Anybody Dived Brockville Area This Summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did Centene Park about two weeks ago, and it was alright. I never followed the line out to the Gaskin, just did my last dive of the day along the park there. I did Galop Canal, about 20 minutes east of Brockville, and drifted down to the Conestoga. It was good. Pretty good current, of course there would be through a canal.

-Lutta

Last Sept. the water temp was 78F, so a 3mm would be warm enough.

That is what my dive buddy wears and he never complains. I had the tempurature at 73 degrees F on Sunday.

The vis in the river was junk earlier this summer, but is continually getting better. Just did the Daryaw the other night and the drift onto the Connestoga on the weekend. Vis is getting good, and the water temps are above 73F. I've been wearing my full 3mm since the begining of July and am very comfortable.

What are you planning to dive? If your looking for a couple of extra dives, or maybe a night dive ask for directions to the Rothesay and/or Connestoga. Both are nice wrecks and also easy shore dives.

Enjoy

I did the Gaskin following the line from Centeen Park on Wednesday. The vis must have been good because my dive buddy found $20. I would estimate 30-40 feet based on what we could see from the end of the line to the wreck. There were plenty of fish at the Gaskin. Water temp was around 73F.

Is the Gaskin dive from Centeen park as safe as from a boat? I am diving with my two teenagers. Also is Centeen park worth diving ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom