Weir's Warriors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yeah, I suppose this belongs under Non-Scuba stuff but you do have to do something else when you're not blowing bubbles right?

Ok, Arnie had his Army what does Mike have?

Mike's Minnions? Weir's Warriors?

For those that slept through the weekend, a soft spoken, spunky little Canuck with a lion's heart and eagle eye became the First Canadian to win a Major - The Master's - Ok First Guy! - Sandra Post won the LPGA. My only regret is I had to watch a tape of the final round late last night since I was in the pool DM'ing with students (BTW I come home and my wife tells me that last she looked that Mike had lost the lead - of course I told her to tell me no more - well maybe a little stronger words were used, sports are serious business ladies! - so I could enjoy the game unfold, what a wonderful surprise!)

His accomplishment and composure were a shining example of what good sports competition should be. No temper tantrums, nor bad sportsmanship that plagues most other sports. Courage under pressure, iron will, concentration and gracious in victory or defeat.

He is living the dream of any golfer that has ever competed - to lead a Major and rise to the occasion. Bravo Mike! You are a credit to yourself, your family, your sport and your country.

.........3 cheers for MIke, and Paul Tracey 3 straight wins and for the mens curling team Randy Ferby 2 back to back wins.....

Mike Weir is a class act........and the jacket fits him just fine.

jbm

I for one have always liked Mike. I couldn't be happier for his success at the Masters. Don't forget the class Len Mattice showed when he lost. His heart had to be in his shoes yet he had one of the biggest smiles on his face for Mike that i saw all day. Another class act.

It was kinda cool that any of the top contenders could have won this year and i would have felt the same way. Doesn't usually work that way.

and 1million 80 thousand for winning the tournament aint bad either for a few days work..and hey gedunk the wings are going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..quack quack lol

gedunk once bubbled...
IIt was kinda cool that any of the top contenders could have won this year and i would have felt the same way.

Someday, at a Major event somewhere, Phil is gonna have his day!

jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom