What does this mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler once bubbled...
I don't think the issue is with the US customs and immigration... the only challenges we've ever had is with Canada customs on the way back in!!

DD
There are certainly some boating issues that I hope this will resolve. Unless it's changed again, if you cross into US waters, you must check in at a "Port of Entry", no telephone check in allowed. For charters, etc, from Canada, diving on a wreck on the US side, you're supposed to go all the way across, clear customs, dive, then go back and clear out (which means you should also clear in again on the Canadian side). All that even if you never set foot on dry land on the US side.

It's been a while since I crossed, but our last trip to Gilboa, with all our dive gear was a piece of cake. The US inspector did have me open the compartments on our dive trailer, but I think it was as much curiousity as job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom