1000 Islands water report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Big difference in the water temperature in the river this weekend compared to a couple of weeks back... my gauge read 48F.

Current is moderate and vis in the Daryaw, Keystorm, King corridor was pretty poor... lots of particulate.

Surface conditions were perfect. Let's hope for more of the same for Memorial Day!

Take care and dive safe

Doppler once bubbled...
Big difference in the water temperature in the river this weekend compared to a couple of weeks back... my gauge read 48F.

Current is moderate and vis in the Daryaw, Keystorm, King corridor was pretty poor... lots of particulate.

Surface conditions were perfect. Let's hope for more of the same for Memorial Day!

Take care and dive safe

Definitely enjoyable conditions.... for those of us that are cold water barbarians, the conditions were downright balmly underwater! :D

It was good dive time! Thanks Steve!

Bob

We did the Keystorm, America, Vickery and Maggie L on sat and sunday and it was certainly chilly and the vis was not what i'm used to in the area. The keystorm might have had 15 feet but that was about it. We need to get those zebra muscles working harder i think.

Lake ontario was quite clear on monday though down in kingston but a bit chillier.

steve

Got back from a great 2 tank dive day at A-Bay. The water temps were 50 deg. and the vis. was moderate about 15-20'. the air temp was around 60 with a stiff wind ( thank god for drysuits ).

OK Net Doc, Kevin and I are waiting with an open invitation for you. We will even dive wet to keep everything even, or wait till summer when it gets to be 72 in the water.

chuckrt

wetman once bubbled...
We need to get those zebra muscles working harder i think.

The poor zebra mussels from what a biologist has told me have out run themselves and are growing more slowly now.

Sad to say that the vis peaked a year or two back and we're awaiting the arrival of the Quagga Mussel to take over from the zebra mussel.

link FYI

http://www.worldlakes.org/News/new_food_02272003.htm

Did a dive this morning in B-ville and the water temp was 52F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom