Ottawa River Above Ottawa Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John McClane

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of any interesting sites on the Ottawa River above (upstream) Ottawa? I have been to a few:
- little wreck near arnprior just off shore
- offshore from the Parkway and Parkdale exit

BUT
does anyone know of any nice spots up farther?
I like the Ottawa for its tea like clarity, but there is a lot of history in that river I am sure...

I believe the little wreck you dove near Arnprior is known as the Red Pine Bay wreck. Did you enter from a boat ramp off Tembec Rd. in Braeside? Was there a white and orange marker on the site and a plaque with what little is known about the wreck on the bow?

SOS Ottawa does quite a bit of work in the Ottawa and in the St. Lawrence between Cornwall and the Muskie in Brockville. They surveyed the Red Pine Bay site a few years ago. You may try contacting them about diving the Ottawa. Brian Prince is very knowlegable on a lot of the sites. He is the webmaster for SOS.

http://www.saveontarioshipwrecks.on.ca/

Hope this helps

Kevin

There is an old submerged bridge just outside of arnprior in the madawaka. Take the road towards white lake, its just to the right of the bridge over the river.

Dark, and not all that interesting. But its a dive!

TKS FOR NAMING THAT LITTLE BOAT (RED PINE BAY) I HAVE HEARD SO AMNY SOS MEMBERS MENTION IT AND NOW I HAVE CONNECTED THAT WHAT I HAVE BEEN DIVING ON IS THE RED PINE BAY WRECK. HAHA TKS KEVIN

I HAVE BEEN HOPING TO HIT THAT BRIDGE SOME TIME THIS SUMMER - I HEAR THERE IS SOMETIMES INTERESTING ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN TOSSED IN THE WATER BY THE LOCAL THEFT COUNSEL.
TKS JIM -I WILL HAVE TO TRY TO HIT THAT BRIDGE

ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTHING OF INTEREST UP FARTHER? - SO FAR I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR OUTBOARDS AND SKIDOOS - SOME LUCK BUT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME MORE STRUCTURES - LIKE THE LOG SLIDES UP NEAR BRYSON.

ALSO
ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION BEYOND TREMCLAD PAINT OF HOW TO PRESERVE METAL SUCH AS AUGER BITS THAT I FIND?:confused:

Hi out there:

I'm new to Scuba Board and I'm a recently certified (March) OW diver. I'm planning to join Kanata Dive Shop on a night dive next Wednesday to the Red Pine Bay Wreck. Would appreciate any recent information on this dive site like depth, viz, current etc.

:scubahelmet:

Red Pine Bay Wreck is fairly easy, not a lot of current there especially this time of year. Vis is usually 6feet with a nice light.
Ottawa River is like diving in tea but is lots of fun.
If you are going with Kanata they should know the easy way to get there - usually a surface swim to the crib and then follow a rope out.
Fairly small wreck - bigger ones farther up river but they are not marked as well and need a boat to get to.
:)

Back
Top Bottom