Big Bay Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norberto

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everybody
I was wondering if there were any changes for this year as far as diving in Big Bay Point. Is it possible to obtain parking permit for divers living outside Berrie? Any information would be great.
Thanks
Norbert

No! changes Norbert and permts are not going to happen they already started ticketing as of April 1st.

Thanks Roastbeef. It gets harder and harder to promote local diving but then it's getting easier and easier to promote dive travel to sunny locations :)

I have a bother-in-law that is moving to Innisfill in June and thankfully he is a diver. What exactly is required to dive at BBP? Do residents get mailed permits that get displayed when parked at BBP (and elsewhere of course)? Do they need to request the permit?

Scuba Steve you asked all the question we have been asking the Innifvill township for several years now sense they implemented the no parking BS and no one can give us an answers typical tax money hard at work again.. What bothers me the most is the guy who at one time owned the house on the right side of the parking lot is the guy who pushed with a city councilor to get the parking bylaw inplace because he hated 30 plus diver students showing up every Sat and Sun morning disturbing the his peace and once the by law was past the moron put his house up for sale and moved.

well heres an idea we get a schuttle service going from a local parking lot 1 truck loads up the gear and transports it to the location . my plan is just that then ill ride my bicycle back to puck up the truck if the make me ill take the bike in the water with me !!! no ones going to stop me diving public places aftr all my years of military service !

I live in innisfil and you need to get a permit from the town hall. You show proof of residency and you get 2 stickers for you vehicles. This is a parking permit for BBP as well as innisfil beach park.

After seeing how divers treated that site I can hardly blame the town for doing it. Too tell you the truth I'm kind of glad they did.

Cam

Cameron. First of all the divers have never ever made a mess there maybe a little noise at best. The persons who are making the mess are all the resident kids fishing, drinking and having little picknics at the docks edge than just getting up walking away and leaving there mess behind. In regards to the parking permit it does not exist yet as of May/12 of this year it still has not been set up and I dought it ever will be ass its been talked about it now for 2 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom