Sublimnos diving bell sold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

?????????????????????????????????????:D

New Home

0DCCD0B3-DF45-41F7-95AA-DA5F7E8C5713.jpg

How ya gonna get in that thing?

Can you provide a link - glad it's not scrap.

Roastbeef, did Sue sell it to you? Where IS the new home?? And when can we dive it?

Fair enough, you are going to restore it? When and where?

Sorry! she won't be put back in the water she will put on display.

What good is an underwater habitat sitting on a concrete pad?

Why would anybody drag it out of the lake instead if just moving it somewhere useful?

I don't get it.

flots

Sublimnos was already out of the water but being left neglected for many years. A lot of people feel it should be preserved as part of Canadian diving history. I don't think it would be viable to put it back in the water so the second best thing is for it to be maintained and open for the public to see.
The same thing was done with the Ben Franklin, which was found in pieces in a scrap yard.

Sublimnos is a tribute to the efforts of Dr. Joe MacInnis and a Museum would be a fitting location for it to rest. Joe has been an associate of mine for many years (Seneca College, DCIEM, Breadalbane) and became an early role model for me. His experience in hyperbaric medicine, exploration, journalism and team leadership is substantial. By the time I received my diver certification in 1965, Joe was involved in the Man-in-Sea project and later became a hypobaric/hyperbaric Medical Consultant to the U.S. Navy/Sealab and NASA.

What people may not know about him, is that in the Summer of 1987, Joe joined a team of divers from France to investigate the wreckage of the Titanic (the Nautile submersible). He later returned, to create an IMAX film entitled "Titanica" (Joe was the Executive Producer). The film was shot on-site the Titanic wreck, using a Russian Mirs submersible.

In March of 2012, Joe acted as the Team journalist and medical officer for James Cameron (DeepSea Challenge Project); which was successful in its dive to the deepest spot on the planet. Dr. MacInnes is 76 years of age and still going strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom