History Channel - Edmund Fitzgerald

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too Bad I missed out on watching that!

New Years I was on a road trip with my S.O. to upper Michigan state where we found ourselves on the southern shores of Lake Superior in the town of Paradise.

Just up the road from Paradise is a museum which has quite a lot to say about the Edmund Fitgerald, while the museum was closed for the season, we did enjoy a personalized lecture on the subject by one the museums docent's, a charming fellow by the name of Charlie, whom we encountered at the Buffalo Bills restaurant.

That wreck is absolutely fascinating... but I wonder why? was it because Gordon Lighthouse (there's a pun in there somewhere) imortalized the sinking with his song, because of the mystery concerning it's sinking, or because it's such a modern event compared to most wrecks in the Great Lakes? There is definitely somethig almost compulsively interesting about the Edmund Fitgerald.

If either of you would happen to have taped the show I'd really like to borrow the tape.
Thanks

I caught the special last night. I had watched it before but still an interesting watch none the less.

Chris Red, I am not sure if it is just your pun that you changed Gordon's last name to Lighthouse? It is Gordon Lightfoot. Lighthouse was another band.

i was able to catch the last 40 min of it, really interesting. I gotta get one of those yellow suites with propellers on it :)

eric

Elevatorguy2:
I believe this show has been aired before on PBS or another station like that. It's so well done I'm sure it will come up again.
Unfortunately it keeps coming up on the history channel though so I finally upgraded my package to get it so I could watch it.

It should be on again.

Finally got around to watching it. Yes, that yellow suit was pretty neat. Probably no weight belt required to get that sucker down. Very interesting documentary about how it went down ... the fury of Lake Superior was just astounding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom