UK light dealers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in Sudbury and the local shop does not sell UK lights or parts.

I have a C8 and there is something wrong with the bulbs or the switch.

I am willing to drive to Toronto area if necessary.

Try to determine the exact issue and order the correct part.
The external switch on the light is designed to move the internal switch on the light module. There is not much that can go wrong there.
Check the bulb unit with a volt meter by confirming continuity. If there is no continuity it is the bulb.
If it is an Zenon C8 you may be able to get just a bulb. The newer eLED ones require the entire light module to be replaced.

Try to determine the exact issue and order the correct part.
The external switch on the light is designed to move the internal switch on the light module. There is not much that can go wrong there.
Check the bulb unit with a volt meter by confirming continuity. If there is no continuity it is the bulb.
If it is an Zenon C8 you may be able to get just a bulb. The newer eLED ones require the entire light module to be replaced.

It is a Zenon. The local shop does not sell the bulbs. Anywhere in the GTA that sells them, or will I have to go online?

I will see If I have one on Monday and let you know. Not sure who in the GTA may have one in stock.
I could order you one if it is not in stock. Will also confirm cost on Monday.

---------- Post added October 20th, 2014 at 10:35 AM ----------

I do not have that bulb in stock. It sells for $19.95 plus tax.
If you want me to order one I can let you know when it arrives. I could also send it to you for the cost of shipping.

I am not sure if it is the bulbs, or if something is wrong with the light. Bulbs do not last more than a few dives.

So the light is working after bulbs are replaced but both bulbs are failing after about 5 dives. You replaced them with original UK bulbs and had the problem and locally available bulbs and had the problem.

Are you using brand name alkaline batteries?
I would check the voltage of the batteries. They should be producing 12 volts (8 batteries @ 1.5volts each) Some less expensive batteries and some rechargeables can be in the 1.6 volt range and that may be sufficient to burn out the bulbs after a short time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom